Our vision is to:
To enable the delivery of high quality, easily accessible and efficient health and care services, to people of the North East and North Cumbria through digital solutions.”
The new Digital Strategy published in December 2020 reflects the changes across the health and care sector as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our Digital Strategy is fundamentally about delivery and transformation, and as such, this requires all parts of our health and care system to be fully aligned and in agreement. In order to make this happen, it requires senior leadership from all parts of the health and care system to support the vision, aims and objectives, and make the vision a reality.
The strategy brings together five key themes:
- The essentials: By getting the basics right and working together using shared approaches, we can safely move forward on our digital journey.
- Improving: An integrated health and care system needs digitally mature organisations and a digitally capable workforce.
- Connecting: Through continuing to connect the region’s health and care IT systems and through secure sharing of information, we are improving the quality and safety of care.
- Empowering: By using digital technologies where appropriate, we will empower people to be partners in their own health and care needs.
- Learning: Through the use of reliable, up-to-date information, data and research we can proactively respond to the needs of our population