About the Staff Wellbeing Hub
Health and care staff have continued working to provide the highest standards of care to our communities, in the face of huge challenges.
The pressures of the COVID-19 pandemic have affected every one of us, both at home and at work. It’s normal to feel anxious, sad or overwhelmed in response to such stressful circumstances, but these feelings can be difficult to manage sometimes.
There are some simple steps you can take to help prevent things from getting worse. There might be specialist support that can help with certain reactions to these pressures too.
But it can be hard to navigate all the different offers of help out there.
That’s where the Staff Wellbeing Hub comes in.
The Staff Wellbeing Hub has been set up by the North East and North Cumbria Integrated Care System. It will support our region’s health and care staff to access what they need to stay mentally well throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our Link Workers are reaching out to those staff who may be most at risk of suffering and offering them direct support. We will also help staff navigate what’s available, so they can quickly and confidentially get the help that’s right for them when they need it.
Some of the things that the Hub offers are:
- An online Wellbeing Diary, to help you track your mood and understand what helps you stay well.
- Our helpline, building on the Staff Psychological Wellbeing Line offered by Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust. This helpline offers a listening ear and can help you find the support you need. It can also provide access to experienced NHS psychological therapists if you need to talk to someone about what you are going through.
- A wellbeing toolkit, with short and practical self-help exercises.
- A range of support offers, including coaching for managers to help you look after your team, group support such as Balint Groups for clinicians and teams, mindfulness sessions, and other ways to regulate the stress in your body or mind.
- Free webinars to help you understand and adapt to what we are going through.
The Hub isn’t replacing other services. Instead, the Hub brings together the many pieces of exemplary work organisations across our region are already doing to help staff stay well.
Where there are gaps in the support on offer to staff, organisations across the Integrated Care System and beyond are working together through the Hub, extending their offers of help or resources to plug those gaps.
We’re doing this because, by caring for each other, we make the whole health and care system stronger.
When you’re under pressure and at risk of feeling overwhelmed, you can turn to the Hub.
Online launch event:
Information & Resources for employers
View more information on the process of accessing the Hub and the services we offer
Download the Hub A4 poster and A5 leaflet here:
Download the Staff Wellbeing Hub Powerpoint presentation: Staff Wellbeing Hub powerpoint
Download the Staff Wellbeing Hub Communications Toolkit: Staff Wellbeing Hub comms pack